Thursday, February 6, 2014

Oatmeal in a Jar

So I finally tried that oatmeal, yogurt and chia seed mixture that's been going around. I loved it! Here's the recipe I used:\

1/2 cup Oatmeal (the real stuff)
1/3 cup milk (It says to use almond, but I used 2% because I didn't have any almond)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (All the recipes call for Greek. They say to use vanilla. I used plain but I'd recommend getting vanilla for added flavor. However, the plain tasted fine too.)
2 teaspoons chia seeds 
Fruit (I cut up strawberries and bananas. You can add any kind of fruit you like)
2 Tablespoons of honey (You can put any kind of sweetener you like. The 2 Tablespoons of honey was perfect for me.)

Put everything in a jar, put the lid on and shake it up. Then stick it in the fridge for a day or two. According to my husband it's better at room temperature.

P.S. I got the basis for this recipe off of a website but I can't remember which one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment