Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Story of My First Lasagna



I loved Lasagna when I was little. It was my favorite food. My mom would make it from scratch then, but, me being so young, I didn't ever take part in the making of the lasagna. Then one Sunday I took on the task of making lasagna all on my own. I had a couple recipes to choose from, plus an idea of what to simply do in my head. I combined all these together to create this: My First Lasagna!

Sauce:

16 oz package of sausage cooked with half an onion diced
14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 cup of spaghetti sauce-- I use Tone's Spaghetti seasoning and make the recipe that makes 4 cups
1 small can of tomato paste

Add to taste:

Basil
Oregano
Italian seasoning

Cheese Mixture

15 oz container of Ricotta
1/4 cup of Parmesan
1 egg

Add to Taste:

Parsley

Cook 1 box of lasagna noodles.

Layer 1: Sauce
Layer 2: noodles
Layer 3: cheese mixture
Layer 4: noodles

Repeat until all ingredients are gone. Try to top off with the sauce. When completed pour remaining Spaghetti sauce on top. Cover with Mozarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment