Monday, November 15, 2010

Beef (Actually Pork) and Broccoli (Actually Stir Fry)

Today I pulled some pork out of my freezer- I like to keep it on hand see recipe here- and I decided I would make up some sort of asian inspired dish. It was then that I remembered a packet of beef and broccoli seasoning I had in the pantry. I thought it would be fun to pull it out and experiment a little. I used a brand called Sunbird, and for the first part I mixed together some of the ingredients they had listed.

Which were:

3/4 Cup of water
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of oil

I mixed those with the season packet and put it in a casserole dish with the pork- I used about 1/2 lb to 1 lb of pork.

Then I took 1/2 an onion and sauted it in some oil until it was golden brown. I put that in with the pork and sauce.

I decided the sauce didn't taste sweet enough so I mixed in about a tablespoon of Dark Karo Syrup and a tablespoon of cornstarch. I then set it in the fridge.

When dinner time neared I took it out of the fridge and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. I then took our stir fry veggies out of the freezer and cooked them in the wok with some oil. When the veggies were good and cooked I poured in the meat- I had a lot of meat, so don't be afraid to use a lot of veggies. I then added some soy sauce to taste. Last but not least, I cooked some rice to serve it over.

I'd recommend not using shredded pork like I did. But other than that I really enjoyed my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment