Monday, November 15, 2010

Mock Cafe Rio Salad

Inspired by one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Rio, this idea originally came from my friend Jenni. I don't think my recipe is even close to hers anymore, and hers probably tastes better, but this is all I've got. Hope you enjoy!

To make this salad I pull some pork out of my freezer,- about 1/2 lb to a lb- thaw it out a little and put it in a pan. I put in about 1/4 inch of water and start cooking it over medium heat. I add in sugar- you could use any sweetener, or even apricot jam- and garlic salt to taste. I really couldn't tell you how much I use, and it seems to change every time.

I then serve it in a tortilla shell with lettuce, my favorite mexican toppings and, of course, some ranch dressing.

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

1 package buttermilk ranch dressing
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of mayo
2 tomatillos (husk and quarter)
1 clove garlic chopped
1/3 cilantro chopped
1/2 lime juiced
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped

Puree all ingredients in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment