Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's all About the Cream of Chicken

Tonight I once again pulled out my friend cream of chicken soup and I mixed in about a 1/2 a cup of vinegar and a 1/2 a cup of water. Then I put in about a 1/4 cup of sour cream and about 3/4 cup (maybe a little less) of milk. I chopped up some green onions, threw those in as well and mixed it all together. I threw in about 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar in the end just for fun.

Mind you this is another "to taste" recipe so you may want to add ingredients a little at a time and taste as you go.

I then got about 3 chicken breasts and placed them in a casserole dish. I poured some stuffing mix on top along with a few pats of butter. I poured about a 1/4 cup of water over the chicken and the stuffing and then I poured the sauce, see above, on top.

There was a lot of sauce so you really could include more chicken if you like. I'm going to throw it in the oven tonight and cook it at 350 for about 20-30 min.

OK in actuality I haven't tasted this so I don't know how good it will be, but I did taste here and there as I was making it and it did agree with me so I'm sure it will be a delicious dish. My plan is to serve it over rice, but if I had potatoes I think I would serve it over those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment